Ahh facebook…the book that is an open book where people don’t say things to your face. (Insert thumbs up emoji here ____ 👍) During the year 2020, I had a total wake up call of re-evaluating myself.
When I say re-evaluate, I had to sit back and observe. So over the year, I have learned what this creepy website has taught me over the years whilst I reflect. Here are the top 8 lessons I have learned in numerical order
- People Put Too Much Of Their Life Out There. Yes, by all means share what you want, it’s a free country but sometimes I’ll see posts where people are giving a whole reality TV series of their life. Every rant, everything about their sex life and everything about everything. I used to be a victim of this as well, but I stopped. I stopped when I realized strangers knew more about me than people that knew me. It can be scary and sometimes dangerous.
- HATERS Things that make you go hmmm. This taught me that haters will be on to you like a hawk… old enemies from high school and people who will try to throw shade in your posts or DMs lol NEXT!
- DRAMA Of course, when facebook asks what’s on your mind it’s an entrance for trouble. When you share your opinions that others don’t agree with this stirs up a whole lot of chaos hence why I never go that route. Phew. Ever notice if you share some bad news you get more reactions than you do with good news? People who barely interact with you suddenly come out of nowhere. Where you been hiding? 😂
- Unfriended For No Reason What’s confusing is that I have had classmates I grew up with, friends and family I thought I were cool with suddenly unfriend me. I didn’t understand why because I never post anything negative etc. I think sometimes people have to unfriend you due to jealousy and that can be sad.
- Copycats I admit, I am flattered a lot but there are people that will study you just to take your ideas. Hence, I don’t tell my plans anymore.
- They Won’t Hit That Like Button Or Show Support I get a lot of support on my books, blogs and business from strangers than I do from people I know, believe it or not. It’s weird, I’ll get up to 1000 story views, but under 20 likes…makes me wonder if some of the people on my page are really there because they like me or just to get details to talk about me and not to me.
- Some Married Men/ Unsingle Men Stay In Your Inbox Yeah, I don’t have to explain this one, but I’m like WHY?!!! 🙅♀️
- Just To Brag and Show Off….. When I found out that some people will actually use facebook to brag for an ego boost my eyes widened. I admit, sometimes I share my good news but some good news I like to keep to myself. There are people who use it just to brag for relief and validation. When it gets to that point you have to ask yourself are you depending on others for your happiness?
So there you have it. I don’t use facebook deeply for some of the things I used to. Instagram seems to make it easier with privacy, but Facebook is good for keeping up with some things and sharing the positive aspects of my life.
Use it with caution!!! It’s like the tree of good and evil 😂